The City of Somerville welcomes Hubway and everyone who enjoys cycling to explore our squares and neighborhoods. The City has been working to support cycling through investment in bicycle parking and bike lanes, with over 25 miles of new bike markings installed on city streets since 2010. The City was recognized as a bike friendly community by the League of American Cyclists starting in 2009.
For more information on cycling in Somerville, check out these links:
- Somerville by Bicycle
- Somerville Bicycle Committee Website
- Shape Up Somerville
- City of Somerville Website
- Somerville's Resistat Blog
- Community Path
We thank the following sponsors, partners, and supporters for their help in bringing Hubway to Somerville
- City of Boston, Mayor Thomas M. Menino
- Boston Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Boston Public Health Commission
- City of Boston
- City of Cambridge
- Federal Transit Administration
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Town of Brookline
- Operator: Alta Bicycle Share, Inc.
- Bikeshare Equipment Manufacturer: Public Bike System Company (Bixi)
- Consultants: Alta Planning + Design, Arnold Worldwide, Classic Graphx, Site Creative, Tools Unlimited
Sponsorships and Partnerships
Sponsoring a Hubway station is great way for your company to prominently support Hubway and cycling in the Boston metro. Details on sponsorship and other corporate partnership opportunities are available by contacting Kris Carter at email@example.com or 617-635-2275.